IGD DANCING PLAN
We are able to open in-studio classes with new safe studio standards. We have a detailed plan to share which includes new procedures for drop off and pick up and strict cleaning protocols between classes and nightly in addition to the professional studio deep cleaning. Everything you need to know about how we will be safely reopening the studio is in this newsletter. Please take some time to read thoroughly.
Please be assured that your child’s safety and health is a priority and we have adapted our operations to adhere to the CDC safe practice guidelines.
How IGD is Working to Protect You with Our New Safe Studio Standards?
All surfaces will have been disinfected with Benefect and renovated key traffic areas. We have also implemented new safe studio standards broken down into 3 categories.
• DANCE SAFE
• CLEAN PRACTICE
• CHECK YOURSELF
• Our dance studio will be taped so the students in class maintain 6+ feet of social distancing.
• Class sizes are limited to 8-10 students per instructor.
• Students 6 & over MUST wear a mask up upon entry until class begins.
• Class times are spaced out to eliminate congestion and allow for cleaning.
• Classes will start and end promptly.
• All classes for ages 5+ will be drop off only at the front door.
• Students must wash their hands before class and can use hand sanitizer (We will be providing Pura D’OR Hand Sanitizer with powerful but safe ingredients).
• Any studio props used will be sprayed with Benefect after every class.
• Studio floor will be mopped with Benefect after every class.
• Bathrooms and common areas will be cleaned thoroughly once per day.
• IGD will have no contact temperature monitors to take temperatures of students as they arrive.
• If you or your child aren’t feeling well or have symptoms, do not have your child attend class for their wellbeing and that of their teachers and fellow students. Please do not return to class until 3 consecutive symptom free days.
• If you have tested positive for COVID-19 or have been in close contact with someone who has, we ask that you not come to the studio for 14 days or until you’ve tested negative.
Finally, our push to safely reopen is heavily weighted on the fact that our dance community is a vital tool for our children’s mental and physical health and wellness and provides a necessary sense of overall well-being and connectedness.
Island Groove Dance Studio has been rooted in the Big Pine Community. Together with our valued parents and students, we have created a very unique and special dance family within this community. Looking ahead, the future is uncertain. The closure has no doubt presented significant challenges. Coupled with the possibility that our fall classes and beyond could be affected with another potential closure or delayed full opening, we are at a critical juncture.
What has been amazing to witness is the number of families willing to donate their tuition credits back to our studio. To ensure IGD’s viability, we ask for your support by signing up for either in-studio June through August and beyond. We thank you in advance so that we can recover and thrive in the months ahead.
We are so excited to see our students back and to be able to share in the experience of learning and dancing again. Together we will journey the path ahead!
With much love and gratitude,